Pilkington Optiwhite™ is a low-iron extra clear float glass with very high light transmission. It is practically colourless, and the green cast inherent to other glasses is not present. It is therefore ideal for use where glass edges are visible or where a neutral colour is desired. As its light transmission is higher than clear float glass, it is perfect for applications where transparency and purity of colour are desired.
- High light transmission for outstanding visual clarity when an unrestricted view is required
- Purity of colour with minimum colour cast when viewing through the glass, ensuring a truer representation of the designer’s vision
- High solar heat transmittance providing passive solar gain to allow more heat through, which can save costs on energy bills during the winter
- Flexibility of application
- Can be toughened or laminated for safety and security
- Can be combined with other products from the Pilkington Range to provide
One of the most attractive features of Pilkington Optiwhite™ is its ability to achieve greater brilliance and transparency, allowing a clear and true representation of colours when viewed through the glass. These same qualities also allow for great interior daylight, which no doubt explains why Pilkington Optiwhite™ is the product of choice for architects for buildings where transparency and brightness are of paramount importance.
Thanks to these and the many other benefits that Pilkington Optiwhite™ brings to exterior glazing, it is the perfect choice for facades.