B 270® i Ultra-White Glass
SCHOTT offers B 270® i crown glass in sheet glass form to meet a wide variety of market demands; it is especially suitable for biotech applications. SCHOTT manufactures B 270® i glass using a special up-draw process developed by SCHOTT.
B 270® i is highly resistant to solar radiation and offers high transmittance in the visible wavelength range. It also has a fire-polished surface and offers high chemical stability.
- High transmittance
- Cost-efficient processing due to widerange of thicknesses
- Cost-efficient process monitoring
- High stability when subjected to solar radiation
- Low acoustic attenuation of surface acoustic waves (SAW)
- Crystal-like appearance
- Fusible with the appropriate glasses
- Fire-polished surface for use without polishing
The crown glass is available in a wide range of thicknesses and various in-stock formats. Customized formats (e.g. rounds) and processing are available upon request.
B 270® i is available in a thickness range of 0.9 mm – 10.0 mm.